Friday, March 23, 2012


Hey All.
Sorry there has not been much activity. We left California Feb. 25th and arrived to Indiana Feb 29th (a leap day!) We took the southern route, stopping in Las Vegas, Flagstaff, AZ, Amarillo, TX and Joplin, MO . The drive was pretty. We passed the Hoover Dam, drove through the desert and were about 20 miles north of a tornado. We got into Indianapolis and had dinner with the family. Thursday we headed up to Fort Wayne, signed our lease and spent the rest of the weekend setting our apartment up. We live in an apartment community called Willows of Coventry. It's surrounded by willow trees and cherry blossom trees. We live about one mile from the YMCA that we can bike to (kind of like Monterey) and Joe's job is less than 5 minutes away in car (better than Salinas!) I spent my first week driving around the city getting a library card at the awesome Allen County Public Library, stopping at the visitor's center and applying to jobs. I then went to Indianapolis for a week to help out Linda whom had surgery. She's feeling much better and taking it day by day. I found a soccer league I am going to join and sent in my application to find opportunities to volunteer in the city. Fort Wayne is definitely not the Hudson Valley or Monterey California but there is plenty to do and a new life to begin. California was all about crossing off things on my bucket list. We did so much out there that I will forever cherish. Fort Wayne is a new step into my adulthood creating a beautiful clear future with the experiences of the past guiding me. I am learning to enjoy the present. There is beauty anywhere. You just have to open your eyes to see it. I am heading to NY next week for a visit and Easter. I can't wait to see my family and friends and of course my true love (besides Joe) The GUNKS!
P.S. Our new address is
5087 Coventry Parkway
Fort Wayne, IN 46804

No comments:

Post a Comment