Monday, November 8, 2010

Our attempted trip to Yosemite




So we were all geared up to head off to Yosemite this weekend with the Woogie *aka* our RV. We packed up the RV, bought awesome camping equipment, filled up the cooler and headed on to the wilderness on Friday. However, the weekend didn't go as planned. We left Friday (actually left PG around 2pm) and headed north east. Unfortunately, we got stuck in traffic for a long time. Thankfully we found a alternative route and decided to take it. So as we are crossing a southbound two way highway to merge into the northbound two way highway, our RV stalls, in the middle of traffic. To put it nicely, I tasted my dinner from the night before. After the RV starts up again, we decide to stop in a parking lot and try to fix it..when I say we, you know I mean Joe:) Anyways after numerous trips to Auto Zone, it's about 8:00 pm with no solution. We are still 4 hours away to Yosemite. So we decide that we are going to be troopers and stay in an RV park near by and head up in the morning. Morning comes, we head on out, and same problem. We stop about 2-3 times to try to figure it out. On our last attempt (before we started climbing the mountain) Joe thinks he's got it figured out. However, as we climb the curvy, narrow mountain, I start to freak (DV8, if your reading this, it's kind of like highway 1, you know Big Sur Style, but imagine riding in a RV that you don't know if it's going to work or not) Here's the thing, I don't mind those kind of roads *so much* anymore because I know I'm in a safe vehicle. However, we've had to stop so many times cause the damn thing keeps acting up, I wasn't about to embark on a mountainous road if I didn't think it was safe. As I explained to Joe, who's afraid of roller coasters, imagine if you were strapped into a roller coaster and they had to keep stopping it because it wasn't "working", and they were trying to fix it, would you stay on, or get the hell off? My point exactly. Plus as it turns out is that Yosemite was getting a SEVERE SNOW STORM! Haha, can you imagine? So not only are we driving the RV that isn't stable, but we are driving it on a curvy, cliff hanging, snow encrusted roads. Ok, I know the drama in this story is a little on the high level, but you get my point. So long story short, we came back home, which we both thought was the best idea, and are going to either a) bring the thing to a mechanic or b) try to diagnose it ourselves with the help of our Dads.
one cool part of the trip tho, is that we past some cotton fields and neither of us has ever seen cotton fields. We do want to go to Yosemite again tho, and soon. However, it's November and the storms are rolling in there.

Anyways, back to work, err I mean volunteering at the schools. and applying to grad school and getting stuff together for our move, yes we are moving out of our apt and into a studio. Same building tho.

How was everyone's weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment