Friday, September 16, 2011

It's been too long, blog!

Jonathan and I
The beautiful girls- Jenny and Lisa
Momma Linda
Kelly, Lisa and I

Aunt Sheila's lake
Beautiful girls
My little cousins
Dad and Hubby
Bro and Joey

Trav teaching Joe how to ride dirt bikes
Lone ranger
Oh yea...best place in lil Italy

The new World Trade Center
Family funny silly portrait
This is how we cook when we don't have any power..
flooded road
Home :)
Denali..miss you boy
Our jeep in Big Sur

pretty
Aunt Sheila dancing to her own beat
Farmer market folk music. love it


Well well well it's about time I update our favorite project. The month has been filled with joy and happiness. It started off with Joe's mom, Linda, coming out west and staying with us for a week. We had a nice, enjoyable laid back week in Pacific Grove. We spent time at the gym, making fresh dinners, going on lots of walks and kicking back. We did go to Big Sur tho:)
Monday morning Linda and I departed via train. Lots of laughs, no sleep and great sights on the train:) We arrived in Chicago very early Thursday morning. Our train was delayed 13 hours. Darrell met us in Chi-town, we had lunch, they headed back to Indy and I was on my way to NY hoping to arrive before IRENE made her presence. Arrived in NY Friday evening, my mom met me at the train station and we had our traditional Friday night Chinese food ritual. It was good to be home :) IRENE hit us on Saturday, our power was out for a day but most of the damage happened in other areas. Some streets were flooded and trees were down. Some streets were completely washed out. It was a little insane actually.
The week was spent visiting with mostly my Mom, Dad and Brother. Mom took the week off so we got to spend some nice time together. Whether it be going to New Paltz or visiting local fruit stands in the Hudson Valley. Got to see some friends but not all. I did go out one night to a local bar and ran into people from high school. It was quite nice to catch up with people I haven't seen in almost 10 years (yikes, 10 years!). My mom, Aunt Toni, and Uncle Joe made a trip to Little Italy and Arthur Ave (in the Bronx) for authentic cheese and cannoli's. I brought some goodies back to my in-laws in Indy.
Joe spent his time in California working during the day and relaxing at night. He did go to LA on the weekend to visit Dennis. They went fishing at Catalina Island.
Joe flew into NY the following Saturday and we spent the last couple of days having family BBQ's, celebrating Joe's birthday and having a great time. Trav taught Joe how to ride a dirt-bike!!! Joe and I made it up to New Paltz for our Mexicalli Blue craving. We said our sad goodbyes and drove to Indy Wednesday. We hung out with Grandpa and Grandma Throm on Thursday. We then had dinner with Johnston's that night. Friday and Saturday the wedding celebrations began! Jess and Matt got hitched and it was absolutely beautiful. Sunday was Joe's birthday and we all went out to get some wings and watch the Colts.
All in all the trip was wonderful! That being said, it's very nice to be back in Monterey with the ocean, cooking for my love and enjoying the rest of our time here. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment