Thursday, May 20, 2010

Part 2











Another exciting day with Danny Pants!

We went to Carmel and walked around the beach and town. In a previous post I said that Carmel reminded me of Beacon/Woodstock but Danielle thinks it's more of a Rhinebeck, NY town and I totally agree. We drove down the CA 1 into Carmel by the Sea. The street that goes down to the beach is Ocean Ave. We walked around the beach then walked up town to all the cute shops. We stopped at this store named LUSH and bought organic handmade face masks.

After Carmel we drove to Pebble Beach/17 mile drive. Along the 17 mile drive there are interest points for people to visit. One is called Point Joe. The story is that a Chinese man name Joe used to sell trinkets at that point in the early 1900's. It is unsure whether he named the point or the point was named after him. So I thought I'd be clever and take a picture next to it:) Another point is called the Lone Cyprus Tree. This tree is by itself next to big rocks. So stunning! Along the drive there are Golf Pro shops and restaurants. Danielle and I were going to eat at one of the restaurants but one glass of wine was about $17 so we opted out.
The US Open is going to be held June 17th at Pebble Beach. Maybe Joey and I will get to see Tiger :) Joe tells me that people pay up to $500 to play golf at Pebble Beach. Crazy Bananas

We tried to see the sunset today in Pacific Grove but it was soooo windy. Tomorrow we are going to Big Sur!!! Dan and I are stoked! We are also going to look at an apartment. Hopefully it works out. Joe and I might be getting a puppy too. A chocolate lab and we will name him Olly!
Ok Hope all is well. Miss everyone. Love that Danielle is here. I wish she could stay :(

No comments:

Post a Comment